Monday, January 28, 2008

Arcana Obscura Review (1/26/08)

Playlist and Archive for Saturday (1/26/08)

Highlights:

I hoped to get some videos of songs played but the pickings were scarce. I played the soundtrack to the Kenneth Anger film Lucifer Rising, composed and performed by Jimmy Page. Jimmy Page and Anger had a fight so Page wouldn't let him use it. What to do? Get Manson Family member Bobby Beausoleil to make a new one from prison! I couldn't find a satisfactory trailer of the film but I instead found this video of two metal dudes in a Barnes & Noble being more metal than you'll ever be:

I also played the excellent "Hymn 43" by Jethro Tull. Here is a video of some guy playing the bongos along to the song, with a special surprise at the end:

And finally, another highlight was "Shine On Brightly" by psychedelic mainstay, Procol Harum. Unfortunately, the only thing I could find was a man who believes lava lamps and darkness are acceptable music video fodder. So just consider this audio:

The day ain't fucking over.

No comments: