Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Arcana Obscura Review (3/8/08)

Playlist and Archive for Saturday (3/8/08)

The prodigal son returns! I've been away for a week now. Still here in New York, but I've been horrified by a gnome (or... Duende), dismayed by a death, and confounded in the search for an elusive letter. But I better start reviewin' some shows!

I played "Wicked Annabella" by The Kinks, so here's some kid drumming along to it.

This band needs no introduction. Arthur Lee and his band Love.

Finally, I played "Woman Tamer" by Brooklyn's own Sir Lord Baltimore. Couldn't find that song anywhere, but here's Steve McQueen racing cars set to "Kingdom Come."

1 comment:

Jack Brando said...

Baron of psych,
Good to hear you're back. Loved the arcana show. Great stuff with Sir Lord, Frijid Pink, Waterloo, etc. I enjoy providing you with some musical suggestions, but i am not sure what is in the inventory there at NYU. I'll post some stuff this week on my blog. www.weirdscenes.blogspot.com
Keep it surreal.
JB