Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Plastic Tales Review (2/11/08)

Playlist and Archive for Monday (2/11/08)

Highlights:
I've made it no secret that on Monday's show I interviewed Jinx Dawson.

But don't let that take away from the rest of the show! We had some good stuff in there. First I glammed the shit out of things with the wonderfully androgynous Sweet:

After that we moved on to swarthy looking Greek band Aphrodite's Child, with their sorrowful ruminative number "It's Five O' Clock." Take a look at the organ player. He just might be the coolest man who ever lived, a man who must wake up in a different backyard every night. Also, check out the dancing invisible men at the end:

Finally we have the melancholy drug ballad "Sugar Man" by Rodriguez. The only decent video I could find of the studio version looks like a goddamn iPod commercial:

I often think that my life would be so much more enriching if I played the organ.

UPDATE: Yeah, so that organ player from Aphrodite's Child I posited as so cool? Scored motherfucking Blade Runner. His name is Vangelis.

1 comment:

Jack Brando said...

If Vangelis is not the coolest then you certainly are. Your blog rocks man, thanks for sharing all those cool videos and psych tidbits. Sorry to hear about your childhood, but hey at least you were not being paralyzed by Mr. Rogers and Bozo the clown like the rest of us. I do remember seeing the Bay City Rollers on Bozo. I thought that was cool at the time.
S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y Night!

JB